Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

swaps and a gift

I sent this pillow cover out this week along with a little cathedral window pin cushion.  I also added scraps to this package, but didn't take a picture
.

My partner was silent as a church mouse and so I was a little nervous to send it.  Also, sadly and maybe badly to say, a little less enthusiastic to send it.  A swap is so much funner when you have a chatty or even slightly chatty partner.

And I do have a partner like that in the Pillow Talk {Swap}.  After stalking her, knowing she likes Catherineholm and low volume, I've put this together.  Not sure what background to go with yet.  I have a good week to decide before I commit.

all yellows...

grays and yellows...
I also finished up this hexy butterfly for the Get Your Hex On bee. 
 

To top off my good week, I got a super surprise in the mail.  Remember I got 'published'?  Well, Sew Sisters, despite sending me fabric to play with in the first place and then letting me keep what I'd made, sent me a Thank You gift for writing up a tutorial for them!


They were absolutely generous and sent me a 1/2 yard bundle of Kona solids and a charm pack of Summersville Spring by Lucie Summers.
I sense a quilt coming!

1 comment:

  1. it's really difficult with a silent partner isn't it, really takes the fun out of it!! Beautiful makes, and hopefully it will be gratefully and enthusiastically received. :o)

    ReplyDelete