Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

a bit of this and that

Yay! My Pretty {little} Pouch Swap partner, Alisa from Making More with Less, received the package I sent out for her!  Now I can show you the back side of the pouch.


I wrote her name on the back with fabric marker and then embroidered her name, using what I think is the stem stitch, on the pouch.  She had asked if her partner would do this because then she'd be guaranteed no one else in her house would claim her pouch. 


The whole lot: I included some chocolate and a small stack of solids and prints.  I can't remember exactly how many I cut, but for every solid colour, I included a coordinating print. 

And just because I always like a post with pictures, here's some things I've pinned lately.  There are so many quilty things I want to try, but I really have no reason to try.  
I mean, I don't want to make a quilt of feathers or modular cathedral blocks, I just want to make a few! 

source

source
well, maybe I want to make a whole bunch of these feathers... not sure what for yet...

source
I first saw this block on Flickr with color and fell in love with the coloured version.

What do you do if you want to try a technique or block, but you don't want to make enough for a quilt or something? 

1 comment:

  1. a very cute pouch the back looks good too and very neat stitching.
    The feather looks so pretty I would love to make one. I tend to just make up one block and see if I like the look. It often gets turned into something like a part of a cushion cover or a mug rug. =D

    ReplyDelete