Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

an ice cream dress

I received this wonderful fabric from Marian at Lady Face and knew immediately what to make from it!


The fabric is Ice Cream Treats Poplin by Lisette, the same designer of Oliver + S patterns.  It is such light and nice feeling fabric - just perfect for spring and summer. 

And I had the perfect pattern. 

Lucky for me, I already own the Ice Cream Dress pattern and what better fabric to make the dress from than ice cream fabric.

I paired blue fabric up with a yellow solid to make the dress and it dress came together easily and quickly.  It also turned out very cute.


I didn't have enough of the ice cream fabric for the pockets, so I switched the fabrics, but unless you know the pattern, you would never tell I did it opposite.


Finished off with a blue button.

Love the v-notch details in this pattern.

Little D turns 2 in two weeks, so this will be her birthday dress.  She loves 'ice' and now she can wear it out to church.

5 comments: