Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What a Week

It's finally Saturday!
Yay!

This has been of week of the sickies.  It started on Monday with Little D and me both feeling a little under the weather.  I had such headaches (and still do) and D was getting snotty and coughy.  We spent most of our days in the rocker in front of the computer watching Franklin on Youtube.  All D wanted to do was cuddle and all I wanted to do was close my eyes and will my headache away.
Turns out I have a bit of a sinus infection, as does the rest of the family.  Mr. D, my hubby, is also stuffed up and coughy. 
By yesterday morning I thought we were getting better, but nope.  D ended up with a fever yesterday and I still had headaches.  Mr. D had a rough night too, sore throat, cough, and stuffiness.
We are certainly keeping the tissue business running here.

Because of the sickies, I did not get much done at all this week.  I made bread and some suppers, cleaned the bathroom - took me two days because I did not have the energy to do it all in one shot - and did laundry.  Only the basic necessities.

I had very little energy left for sewing or even thinking about sewing.
But I did get a very little bit done!
It took me all week just to make this dress.  :)


I also met Eva-Marie, a fellow hexie maker, via her blog and Flickr and we set up a small swap for hexie squares.  I am excited to have some new squares coming for hexie making!  These are the squares I had up for swap. 


Anyone else interested in swapping some 3 inch squares for hexies?
I would love to get some more squares!

I am also busy with getting my ideas together for my swaps!  I have gotten both partners now and so it is to the drawing board and putting my ideas in to fabric!  
It's always fun making things for other people who have different tastes than myself.  Makes me think outside of my box. 



These fabrics are for my partner in the For the Love of Solids swap.  I can't reveal too much, but I think she will love it!

I am sure there will be more sneak peaks along the way for both swaps.  

1 comment:

  1. That dress is so cute! Sounds like you had a rough week :( hope you are all on the mend soon! :)

    ReplyDelete