Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Market Failure

I went to a craft market last Saturday hoping to sell some things, enough to make my table fee and fabric costs back.
I had hoped to have an excited and upbeat post about the market..

 

...but it wasn't to be. I sold three items. Enough to cover table costs. It was a cold day and there was hardly any customers at the market. Really, I think maybe 150 people came through all day. It was horribly boring and a terribly long day.

 

Also fairly disappointing since I had hoped to sell more than three items. I have two or maybe three markets lined up yet, so we'll see how it all pans out.



1 comment:

  1. Awww. Sorry to hear that. Sales can be so hit or miss, and it's really hard to predict. I was part of a knitting group, and three of us decided to share a table at a sale. We did pretty good, so the next year we decided to do two; one just out of town that was supposively very popular. It was a dreary, cold, rainy day and there were less than 50 visitors total. No sales for me! THen we did the "big" one at the high school, where you had to actually pay to get in to buy. Again, although it was busy, everyone was just looking (or fingering our items and saying "I can knit that myself"...).
    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete