Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Dress and Fabric Love

Well, after that very hard pattern I thought it was a good time to make something a little easier, you know, to make me feel good and competent again. So I pulled out my Oliver&S pattern for the Seashore Sundress.

Now I know it is fall going on winter, but I figure D can wear this as a jumper with long sleeves underneath or a cardigan over top. Plus, fall needs some bright blue to keep things lively.

I love how this little dress turned out, and it only took me one night to get it done! Whew. I feel better about my abilities now. The fabric is something I acquired via a Flickr swap and it is a Michael Miller print. The blue really is as vibrant as it looks in the photos.


I broke out the button kit for this beauty.  Two matching swirl buttons!

Pockets that really serve no purpose, but are cute if you remember they are there.

Linking this dress up here
Celebrate Color

In other news,
When I opened my email this morning, I had to mails from two fabric shops.  They both wanted to show me some new prints, and what darling fabrics they are!  I am a sucker for so called Children's Fabrics like these. 

Source

Source


What fabrics are you a sucker for?  Florals?  Geometrics?  Solids? 

No comments:

Post a Comment