Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A New Cover

It's new! It's fresh! It's clean! 

I finally got fed up with my old ironing board cover that had a spot of fusible web and some other unidentified spots seared into it.  It also was rather loose because my dear daughter lost the tightener for the strings. 
I say I finally got fed up, but I was actually inspired by my friend's new and shiny cover.  I saw it yesterday and just knew I had to have a new cover too. 

I had fabric and elastic already at home, so I simply laid my board down on top of the fabric and traced around it to get the shape of the cover.  Then I zigzagged the edge and made a 1/2" casing for my elastic.  About and hour later I had my cover.
Tada! 
And doesn't my iron look happy?

I will admit that pulling elastic through such a long casing was not fun.  I was using as large a safety pin as I could and my fingers still got cramped. 
But look how pretty it is!
And look at how tight the cover is on the board!  It's not going to bunch up on me any more.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I have GOT to make one of these. I've had the same crappy cover on my ironing board for the past 8 years and it drives me crazy because it wont stay on. Not to mention it's super ugly. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete