Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bottoms Up

I don't know why I am doing all sorts of clothes sewing now for D when Kid's Clothes Week Challenge is happening in October.  I should just relax now and read a book. 

Wait.  I did read a book. A pretty good book too.  The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.  Try it, you'll like it.

Anyway.  I was sewing clothes.  A bottom and a top.

I saw a tutorial for the Cascading Ruffle Skirt over at Lil Blue Boo, and thought it looked cute and I should give it a go.  A few bargain store shirts later, I had this.
Best pic I could get right now.
(Yes, sometimes I let her pick her own accessories... and clothes.)

Cute, but I am not a huge fan of it.  It'd probably look better in a bigger size maybe?  I don't know, but it looks a little like a goblin skirt to me. 
Not that that will stop me from making her wear it.  I did put the effort in to make it after all.

Then I finished a shirt that has been sitting unfinished for a few weeks now.  I love this shirt.  It is a pattern from the 01/2011 Ottobre issue.  Seriously, this shirt is just as cute as in the magazine as on my wall!  Okay, it would look cuter on a little person rather than my wall, but really, let's not be picky here.  I am working with an 18month old model, not a 4 year old who can pull a pose.


Source                                                            

Is this not a cute shirt!  I really love it - I love how not homemade it looks too. 

My iron and my twin needle were my best friends. (Until my twin needle broke and I had to let this shirt sit on the unfinished pile for about a week.)
 I used a salvaged black tee shirt for the bottom part, and I left of the pockets because with my luck they will rip off when D tried to stick her hand in.  She's not always as gentle as I'd like.
 
So far, I have made two outfits from my Ottobre magazines.  And so far, two thumbs up.  Love them.

Upper fabric is Scribble-Floral Patch-Grey, and I got it here: Fresh Stash.

2 comments:

  1. i love the gray and yellow dress! so cute

    -audrielle
    for
    Pins, Needles, & Kids

    ReplyDelete